Adopting a TAMR Malamute Friend and Companion
You are welcome to contact any TAMR member before you decide whether to adopt and you are never under an obligation to adopt a dog from us. We encourage all adoption applicants to visit our Malamutes before making their final adoption decision.
However, we do require that our pre-adoption application is completed and returned to us before you schedule any visit. All visits to meet our dogs are by appointment only, so that a volunteer is available to introduce you to the dogs and talk to you about the breed.
About our Adoptive Dogs:
- ALL our dogs are spayed or neutered. There are no exceptions.
- Our dogs are current on vaccinations and heartworm preventative.
- Dogs are treated for any known health problems prior to adoption.
- Dogs are temperament evaluated for their home type and suitability.
- Dogs are adopted to indoor or indoor/outdoor homes only.
- Most dogs are also microchipped for safety and indentification.
About our Adoption Process:
- You must be an adult of at least 18 years old and "head of household" to adopt.
- Children in the home must be over 4 years of age for both the child's and dog's safety.
- We require all potential adopters complete our pre-adoption application.
- A rescue volunteer will contact you after we receive your completed application.
- We will check veterinary references on current or recent pets.
- Adopters who rent/lease their home must provide written persmission from landlord.
- We visit your home by appointment to meet family members, other pets, and to evaluate home safety conditions.
- If your application is approved, you may adopt a dog suitable to your home and family.
- An adoption fee of $200 is due at the time of final adoption. (Puppies, if available, have a higher adoption fee.)
- Some dogs and/or adoptions have additional fees, adoption requirements, or placement restrictions. (We rarely adopt outside Texas and not all dogs are available for "long distance" adoptions)
If you see a Malamute on our adoption pages that interests you, please let us know. We can provide more information and often additional pictures on that dog, as well as other information on rescue or Alaskan Malamutes.
Please Note: We intend our adoptions to be permanent placements and only adopt dogs into homes for which they are best suited. Not all dogs are available to every adopter and TAMR reserves the right to deny an adoption for any reason. Dogs will be returned to TAMR if an adopter is unable, or unwilling, to keep or care for their adopted or fostered dog.
A printable application form, this page, other information, and resources are available for download and printing at our publications page.